Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly

Default Word 2000: little black square, cursor disappears, block stops, rogue linefeeds...

Hi aalaan

I'm using Word 2000 with no updates

Then it's time to update! Go to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/default.aspx and click "Check for updates"
in roughly the top right-hand corner.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

wrote in message ...
Hi all you experts!

I'm using Word 2000 with no updates. I have a handful of very
irritating problems and would be gald of your expert answers.

1 What are the little black squares in several places in (someone
else's) documents? I can't reach them with the cursor. How can I get
rid of them?

2 Every now and then the cursor disappears completely and I'm flying
blind. OK in other places in the document. What's happening?

3 Sometimes when I block large chunks of text the block reaches a
stop and I have to deal with that and then select a new block.

4 Sometimes the delete key will not delete and I have to block mark
and then delete.

5 Sometimes random linefeeds seem to occur and break up continuous
text.

6 I need to work with 50,000-word and up documents. Is thi size a
particular danger?

Your replies to any of these will save my sanity! Thanks

aalaan