Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Word 2000: little black square, cursor disappears, block stops, rogue linefeeds...

Tony Jollans wrote:

I'll try for #2

... Other possibilities are floating objects in the
'drawing layer' hiding things underneath them into which you may stray and,
perhaps less likely, formfields set as hidden text.

... 2 Every now and then the cursor disappears completely and I'm
flying
blind. OK in other places in the document. What's happening?

No tables in the file. How can I verify and remove any drawing layer or
formfields?