Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
chayanne chayanne is offline

Default Saving mail merged letter seperately then emailing

Hi doug!

Your site states that I need to extract the MMtoDocRevnn.DOT template but
when i clicked on the word add-in template it gave me MMtoDocRev28.DOT. So I
used it and put it in start up but when I did the merge the macro code did
not take over to offer the choice of merging to separate documents or
continuing with a merge to a single document. even though it did actually
seperate them to different pages within one document. I assume that I need
most recent MMtoDocRevnn.DOT template so I can get that prompt. Where do i
need to go to get it??

The latest version of this code is available for download as a Word add-in
template. Extract the MMtoDocsRevnn.DOT template (where nn is the latest
revision number) to the Word startup folder - its location defined in Word at
Tools Options File Locations Startup

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you want to send the letters as attachments to an email message, see the
"Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

and then for the emailing of them, see the article "Mail Merge to E-mail
with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Otherwise, as mentioned by Cathyall, you can execute the merge to email, in
which case, your letter will be inserted into the body of each email
message.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"chayanne" wrote in message
I have succesfully merged my document, now I want to save them as seperate
documents but it will only allow me to save it as one huge one. Once
saved
seperately, I then need to email them using the email address on each
letter
as an email merge. Can this be done or am I asking for too much??