Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Adding break characters to Word

Use the No-Width Optional Break from the Special Characters tab of Insert |
Symbol. Note that it has a rather strange appearance if you have nonprinting
characters displayed.

"Greg Pavlicek" gndpav (at) san (dot) rr (dot) comercial wrote in message
Word currently will 'break' text to the next line on a space or a hyphen.
Can this list of characters be added to? We have a need to break large
multi-chemical names where the text contains a /, and we would like Word
also break text on that /, just like it would if we entered
"first-second-third-fourth" except that we are working with
"first/second/third/fourth". Thanks !!!