Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default More stupid INCLUDEPICTURE questions

Hi macropod,

I've constucted paths using { filename \p } before, e.g. where you have

folderx
docy.doc
docy.doc.folder
docz.doc

and use

"{ filename \p }.folder\\docz.doc" to reference the .doc

but I don't think I've ever actually tried the \\..\\ thing before and am
quite surprised that it creates a legit. pathname.

Because there's mixture of single backslashes and doubled backslashes in the
constructed path name so it's a bit surprising that it works at all,
anywhere, but then that's often the way with fields :-)

Peter Jamieson

"macropod" wrote in message
Hi Peter,

That works too. Neat trick!

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
| Worth trying the following, just in case...
|
| { INCLUDEPICTURE "{ filename \p }\\..\\{ MERGEFIELD picname }.jpg }
|
| But
| a. although it appears to work here these sorts of construct make me
| nervous
| b. you may have to uncheck Word Tools|Options|General|"Web
| options"|Files|"Update links on save"
|
| Peter Jamieson
| "LAR" wrote in message
| I am now trying to use the INCLUDEPICTURE field to insert pictures into
my
| mail merge document. I would like to be able to merge pictures into
the
| document that are in the same folder as the main document. Here is
what I
| have tried and seen.
|
| I have successfully merged the pictures by using the entire path to
the
| picture using something like {INCLUDE PICTURE "C:/temp/{MERGEFIELD
| picname}.jpg" \* MERGEFORMAT}. However, I want to be able to use the
| "current folder" to merge the pictures from.
|
| I have tried {INCLUDE PICTURE "{MERGEFIELD picname}.jpg" \*
MERGEFORMAT}