Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default word 2003

There are publishers that still let you do that? University of Chicago
Press, Ohio State UP, Walter de Gruyter, and the one where I used to
be an employee (which was responsible for my switch from Mac/
FrameMaker [Word for the easy stuff, or stuff that had to be shared]
to PC/Word) don't!

On Mar 21, 10:40*am, Peter A wrote:
In article 72a578d4-175b-4972-b046-0eeb856bb780
@z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, says...

"Hard copy" means the document on paper. Most editing is done on-
screen these days, but since files can get corrupted, or saved without
renaming, it's always a good idea to have an author's hard copy on
hand for reference.

For what it's worth, a lot of professional writers and editors, myself
included, find it difficult to edit on-screen. Working from a printed
copy is a lot more accurate, although certainly less efficient.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writerswww.tech-word.com