Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default copy picture out of word with full resolution?

"Reitanos" wrote:

No, jpg compression is progressive. Try it out, each time you save the
image it is compressed again. That's why I suggested saving it in a

In a Word document, I inserted a Tiff image (line art content, which really
shows loss of quality very clearly).
Then I ran code that opened the document, wrote a short paragraph to the end
of the document and closed/saved it. I put that code in a loop to run 250
times.

I did not see any loss in quality, even when zooming in at 500%

Then I tried again with a colorful jpg image. Same result.

So, I am not sure I understand what you are trying to explain regarding the
progressive loss of quality in images when saving a document. Would I need to
save it a 1,000 times to see that effect? In that case, it is not such a big
deal...