Sagit

I tried the replace at every stage of the merge and I kept getting the
message that 0 replacements were made. Thanks for all you are trying to do
for me - I really appreciate your patience!.
--
S Jan

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

It would appear then that the numbering is restarting at the section break
between each page of labels. Try using EditReplace with ^b in the Find
what control and ^m in the Replace with control to replace the Section
breaks with manual page breaks.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Sagit" wrote in message
yes, I did complete the merge. As a review, i clicked on Insert, then
Field,
under categories, numbering, then SEQ, then Label as identifier, then OK.
After I updated labels, I merged to a new document, went to Print Preview,
and saw that all label sheets started over 1-20. I even tried a switch \n
just for kicks.
S Jan

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Did you actually execute the merge to a new document?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Sagit" wrote in message
news I did the Insert, Field, {SEQ Label}, but still got labels numbered 1-20
on
each sheet of labels. What did I do wrong?
--
S Jan

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm

Sagit wrote:
I have a file with 150 names. I would like to number each name 1-
150
automatically in a label mail merge. I go to Insert, Field, click
on
numbering, then listnum, then number each label, 1-20, on the mail
merge page, then update labels. After I merge, I get each page of
labels numbered 1 - 20. Is there a way to have my labels of names
numbered 1 thru 150 without having to manually number them myself
after the merge? Thank you for any help you can give me.