macropod

Default Word and Win98SE

Hi Shauna,

Some high-volume retailers are still selling Office 2000, which includes
Word 2000. Depending on where you go, you might also still be able to get
Word 2000 as a stand-alone app, or with Works.

Cheers

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi Tim

The latest version of Word is Word 2003. It requires Microsoft Windows

2000
with Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP, or later. You can't go and buy a

copy
of Word 2000 or earlier in a retail store. You may be able to buy an old
copy second hand, but you would need to check carefully that you are

buying
software that you may use legitimately.

As far as I know, the ability to "downgrade" to an earlier version of the
product depends on your business having a Volume Licensing arrangement

with
Microsoft.

I suggest you ask your IT department or, failing them, the people from

whom
your business buys its software licences.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Tim" wrote in message
news
I work in an office with three networked Windows 98SE computers. Is

there
a way to obtain a version of Word that's still Win98SE and network
compatible? If so, how? TIA