Tim

Default Word and Win98SE

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi Tim

The latest version of Word is Word 2003. It requires Microsoft Windows
2000 with Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP, or later. You can't go and buy
a copy of Word 2000 or earlier in a retail store. You may be able to buy
an old copy second hand, but you would need to check carefully that you
are buying software that you may use legitimately.

Thank you for your reply. I just learned that Works Suite 2005 includes
Word 2002 (which should be Win98SE compatible) but the system requirements
for the Works Suite include a 700MHz
P3. One of the office PCs has a 450MHz P3. Do you know if Word 2002 from
Works Suite
could still run on it? I'm hoping it's a different application from the
suite that requires the 700MHz P3.

Also is the Works Suite version of Word network compatible (can documents be
sent to a network printer?)

Thanks again.