Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lassie

Default Why can't I copy and paste text from the internet to MS Word?

Sorry can't help you but will be watching this thread as I've had the exact
same problem with this version of Office. Pastes fine on my desktop PC but
no matter how many times I reinstall it on my Notebook it still freezes when
I try to paste any text from the internet. Hope someone comes along with a
solution :-)

Have you tried adding links to Excel and then trying to access the page
through them? This is a problem for me - not sure if it's connected with the
other problem?!?

"Potsdamerplatz" wrote:

Today I installed my new Microsoft Office Student & Teacher edition. I have
used this program before at work and at the local library, and have had no
problems in the past copying text from the internet and pasting it into a
word document (usually just BBC News reports - text only, no photographs)

But the version I have installed on my home computer won't let me do this.
Whenever I copy text from the internet onto the clipboard and attempt to
paste it into Word, the whole program freezes. I can't even close Word down
without opening up Windows Task Manager ans closing it that way.

It's extremely frustrating and I feel my copy of MS Office is not good value
for money. The program is 100% genuine as it registered and activated ok so
it's not a copy.

Can anyone please help or else maybe you are having a similar problem?