Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lassie

Default Why can't I copy and paste text from the internet to MS Word?

Thanks for the help. Have managed to reinstall Office and now successfully
pasting using the paste special unformatted text function. Am fairly new to
all this so it will take me some time and browsing these discussions before I
manage to create a shortcut for this but am just glad I now have some way of
pasting - makes life a whole lot easier. Thank you again :-)))

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

You might also try the suggestion at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...4dc5d42adf2ff4
.. I don't really recommend doing this except as a
troubleshooting measure... if this fixes the problem, then try
running 'Detect and Repair' on your Office software.

Lassie wrote:

I tried this and did get a little further - I succeeded in pasting the text
into Word but then once I tried to do anything else to the document it froze
and had to end task in Task Manager again :-( Any other ideas???

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

When pasting, try clicking on Edit | Paste Special | Paste: As:
Unformatted text | OK.

Potsdamerplatz wrote:

Today I installed my new Microsoft Office Student & Teacher edition. I have
used this program before at work and at the local library, and have had no
problems in the past copying text from the internet and pasting it into a
word document (usually just BBC News reports - text only, no photographs)

But the version I have installed on my home computer won't let me do this.
Whenever I copy text from the internet onto the clipboard and attempt to
paste it into Word, the whole program freezes. I can't even close Word down
without opening up Windows Task Manager ans closing it that way.

It's extremely frustrating and I feel my copy of MS Office is not good value
for money. The program is 100% genuine as it registered and activated ok so
it's not a copy.

Can anyone please help or else maybe you are having a similar problem?