Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Default delete a saved document

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:50:27 -0800 from golfchick
:
Maybe I'm not providing the correct info. I have several documents in Word
that were either downloads from an email that parked themselves in Word or
just not needed. When I click on "file" these documents show up. But they
don't show up when I follow your instructions.

If I understand you now, your question is actually how you delete a
document from the recently-used list in the File menu.

Annoying, isn't it? You'd think if you click on a document in that
list, and it doesn't exist, Word would be smart enough to stop
showing it to you, but nooooooo.

When I started writing this response, I thought there was no way at
all to delete an entry short of editing the Registry. But I got
interested and did some considerable amount of Googling. (You may
thank me now. :-)

From Allen Wyatt's Word Tips, at
http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/...U_Entries.html

"To remove a file name from the MRU list, press Alt+Ctrl+- (that last
part is a dash, right next to the 0 key, not the minus key on the
keypad). The mouse pointer changes into a thick bar. Use the bar
pointer to click on the File menu, then click on the MRU entry you
wish to remove from the list. The entry is removed, and the mouse
pointer changes back to normal."

This is the same way you can customize menus in general by deleting
entries.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/