Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ingenue Ingenue is offline

Default Numbering disappears when a document is saved

Thank you. The numbering has been created by using the "numbering" button on
the toolbar.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

My suggestion was to clear the option, not select it. Clearing it prevents
styles to be updated from the attached template, which could affect any
aspects of formatting, not just numbering. In this case, I'm not sure what
the problem could be. How did you create the numbering in the first place?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ingenue" wrote in message
Thank you. I can only find "automatically update document styles" where
you
indicate, not "apply". Checking it seems to allow the saving of the
numbering
in the specific document , but the check only applies to the particular
document - I have to go to "Templates and add ins" each time. Is that
right?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

In Tools | Templates and Add-Ins, make sure that "Automatically apply
document styles" is cleared. Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ingenue" wrote in message
In Word 2003 I have recently found that numbering disappears when I
save a
document and then re-open it. Is there something I can adjust?