Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
unity22 unity22 is offline

Default Rescue a lost document

I have rescued many a document that was not saved by looking for .tmp files
that might contain the document.

The first place to look for the document is in the directory you were in
when you were composing the file.

The second option is to do a global search of your C-drive for all *.tmp
files and check each one to see if it is the file in question.

The third option is to look where your autorecover files and see if an
autorecover of your file exists. You can see where your autorecover files go
by looking at Tools - Options - File Locations - Autorecover.

Once you closea document you have not saved, make sure to stop right there.
Don't exit Word and don't shut down your machine. Begin immediately to look
for temporary or autorecover files.

"cookie" wrote:

How can I rescue a word document that I didnt save?