Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeannine Jeannine is offline

Default Put cell values in a Word document

I don't know what newsgroup I should direct this question, so I'll start
here.

I have a Word document that I want to link up with data from an Excel
spreadsheet. For instance, say I have a sentence in a Word document like:
Last quarter the foreclosure rate fell by ____ basis points to ____ percent.
I want to fill in the blanks by using specific cells in a spreadsheet.

The data will change every month, so I thought I could automate the process
instead of keying it into the Word document. I don't know if I can even do
such a thing, let alone how do it.

Thanks for your help or directing me to the proper newsgroup. Jeannine