Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Creating Text with Layout

The old filter will still work with Office 2007. If you don't have it, you
can download it from my web site. NOTE the registry patch is for Office
2003 - check the readme file for the change needed for 2007. 2007is Word
12.0

Erin K wrote:
I work for a company were we convert Word docs into .txt files to
insert in to AutoCAD. For the older versions of Word we used the
MS-DOS Text with Layout (.asc) extension. We now operate with Word
2007 and we are having a difficult time getting the formatting to
stick with .txt files and with .rtf files. Does anyone have any
suggestions on how we can have either get the .asc file format or
make the layout stick with the .txt & .rtf files?