Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default My templates open as templates and not docs, how can I change?

Sandra wrote:
I have created templates but something has gone a little pear shaped.
It used to be that when you selected the template it opened as a word
doc for editing etc. I don't know what has changed but now they open
as the templates which is not what I want. I didn't find the online
help very useful thus the question.

If this happens when you double-click the file in Windows Explorer and not
in the File New dialog, then the file associations in Windows have gotten
mixed up. To fix that, re-register Word as shown in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...gisterWord.htm. If that doesn't
do it, there's a more elaborate way -- post back if you need it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman