Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Convert existing list into pre-formatted table.

Use Google's software if it does what you want.

My intuition does not stretch to knowing what you mean by a "simple
preformatted table". However, you could just select the list and then from
the Tables menu select the item "Convert Text to Table".

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Forrest" wrote in message
How do I convert an existing list into a simple pre-formatted table. I do
not want to interrupt my train of thought or lose my initiative in
executing
current business priorities to learn Microsoft's software. I want my
interaction with the software to be truly intuitive as it is in using
Google's software or that of any other company that isn't being run by a
stooge who is standing in fo the actual leader of the company.