Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristin Kristin is offline

Default Numbering in comment

Yes, it is in the comment. How do I check (and turn off!) the style
definition for all of the comments without having to do it individually?
thanks.

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

Is the numbering in the comment itself? In that case, the problem could be
that the style "Comment text" (automatically applied to comments) has been
defined as a numbered style. You could check the style definition.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Kristin" wrote:

For some reason, in the document I am editing with Track Changes, an
automatic numbering turns on whenever I add a comment. I can delete it and
enter the comment just fine, but that is annoying. I've not had this problem
with hundreds of other documents.
Thanks for any suggestions to eliminate this.