Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to turn off automatic links when generating table of contents

This is an Options setting. You don't say what version of Word you have, but
in Word 2003 and earlier, it's at Tools | Options | Edit ("Use CTRL + Click
to follow hyperlink"). There will be a similar setting in Word 2007's Word
Options.

http://word.mvps.org

"dvrhodes" wrote in message
news
This is the first time I have seen this happen.
After selecting different levels for section titles in a document I
generated the table of contents. Usually I can scroll through the table
and
edit entries if needed, but this table the mouse pointer turns to the
finger
pointer and when I click it takes me to that section title (normally I
have
to hold the Ctrl key and click).

How can I change this so I can click in the table and not go to whatever
section title?

Thanks for the assistance!