Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I download helvetica font free?

Well, I stand corrected because I just checked my font list, and I appear to
have Helvetica, too. For some reason I just assumed that my LJ 4100 came
with the same fonts as the LJ 4 that it supplanted. The font Properties show
that the font vendor is Hewlett-Packard. I also note that it has "no
standard kern pairs." Eeek! (In contrast, Arial has 909 standard kern
pairs.)

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Let's put it this way then. If I set an HP 4050 printer as active (PCL
driver), several printer fonts become available - including Helvetica. I

do
not have, nor ever have had an HP4050 printer physically attached to the

PC.
I use the driver purely for testing.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Univers, yes, but I don't believe Helvetica is an HP-resident font
(I've never had it, and I've used nothing but HP printers). Helvetica
may be supplied with the Mac OS.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Helvetica and Univers are supplied as resident fonts with some (if
not all) HP laser printers. If you have one of these printers set as
active printer (whether or not the printer is physically present)
the fonts will be available for use. You won't actually be able top
print them unless you have the printer physically connected.

rossdem wrote:
I am trying to find out if I alrwady have these fonts (helvetica and
univers) on my 2003 Microsoft Office Word, but it appears I need to
download them. Where can I get these (for free!)?