Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Word 2007 SP1, highlighting disappears

I suspect I was thinking of Word 2003 in regards to wording. It's now called
"Find In". I see the button next to the "Reading Highlight" button in the
Find dialog box. If you click the "Find In" button you'll see a list of
choices for the Find scope. Note that "Main Document" will be the only
choice if you don't have headers/footers, text boxes, or comments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't see the Find All function in the Find dialog in Word 2007, Beth.
Where are you seeing it? Keep in mind that in Word 2003, there is a check
box for "Highlight all items found in" [whatever is selected]. When that
box is checked, the Find Next button changes to Find All.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
The "Find All" functionality, which selects the text, is still available
and works similar to previous versions. The difference is the scope of
the Find can now be set to Text Boxes, Headers and Footers, and Comments
if the elements are present in the document.