Stefan Blom

Does the document contain fields? Some of these update when documents
are opened, repaginated, or printed. See the KB
article at http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;en-us;89953
(which was written for Word 97, but it should apply to Word 2000 too).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Balex" wrote in message
No, unfortunately, that would require Word 2002, we have Word 2000.

Thanks anyway.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The following KB article could be relevant for you:

You are prompted to save changes when you close a Word 2002 document
even though you have made no changes

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Balex" wrote in message
to meHi,

I have yet to find a logic behind the appearance of the above

message.
Even
if I don't change anything in a document, Word sometimes asks the

question,
sometimes it doesn't. Apart from the case where one prints a

document,
which
causes Word to want to store the printer name or settings, I don't

know
exactly which, in the doc, therefore it asks for saving that

change,
all
other cases are totally unclear. Does anybody know exactly what

causes
the
question to appear, and is there a way to NOT get it ?

Regards
Balex