Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Directory mail merge

In message of Tue, 19 Aug 2008
21:14:35 in microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields, macropod
writes
Hi Kimberly,

For a working solution that you might be able to modify to suit your
needs, see:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=723456
The example there is based on an Excel data source and requires you to
insert a dummy 'last' data record into the data source.

macropod,

I downloaded this, learnt a lot, and have some questions.

I can get a working merge by pasting code from "Catalogue Mailmerge
Tutorial.doc" to "Mailmerge Main Document.doc". I am unable to create my
own document to mimic "Mailmerge Main Document.doc".

The connection to "Catalogue Merge Data.xls" from "Mailmerge Main
Document.doc" uses a technique which is hidden to me. It allows the
folder to be relocated and maintain the connection. It does not use
Cindy Meister's VBA method to establish the connection.

The connection also allows money amounts like "$8,000" to be passed
where I see "8000" and refers to the whole document rather than a sheet.
How?

I am sure others will appreciate an explanation of the techniques.

Much less significant is the display of "Coffs Harbour" on a line which
has "Justify" set. On my example, Harbour is thrown to the right by the
justification; you avoid it. How?
There seems to be a normal space between the two words.
(Ctrl+F finds a space in Excel where I do not find anything like Word's
Hide/Unhide to show graphic glyphs to render whitespace.)

P.S.
Can you suggest a probe which will allow me to answer such questions for
myself? If necessary, I guess I could learn to read RTF ;(
--
Walter Briscoe