Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Headers and Footers in Word 2003

Stefan,

Thanks for the advice but I had already tried the start at 1 and continue
from previous section and the page numbers are still wrong. Page one reads
Page 2 of 2 and Page 2 reads Page 3 of 2. I even unchecked the option for
different first page. Is almost like is counting invisible pages.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On the Insert menu, click Page Numbers. Click Format. In the Page
Number Format dialog box, choose "Continue from previous section," and
click OK. Click Close to close the Page Numbers dialog box. (Note that
you can access the Page Number Format dialog box directly, by clicking
the Format Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar.)

If necessary, see also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Marilyn" wrote in message
I'm working in a Word document with two (2) pages. However, the

page
numbering in the headers for both pages are wrong. The header on

page One
(1) said Page 2 of 1 and the second page said Page 3 of 2.

I did an Alt + F9 and field codes reads {PAGE} of {SECTIONPAGES},

however,
there is only one section in the document and a regular page break.

I deleted the whole thing and started from scratch, however, the

numbering
still read page 2 of 1 and page 3 of 2. I ensure that the format

for the
number starts at 1 but that did not fix it.

I even tried to insert the fields manually by going to insert, field

Is there anything I can do to fix this page numbering error?

Thanks,