Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Patski107

Default Deleting page numbers from certain pages

I still can't get this to work. I did just what you told me and I still have
the page number.

Pat
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Spaces can matter in calculation fields but I doubt it is the problem with
this field.
Try typing
IF "Page" = "121" "" "Page"
Then select each Page without the quotation marks and press Ctrl-F9. This
creates your two Page fields. Then select the entire thing and press
Ctrl-F9. This gives you the IF field. Then press F9 to update the field and
change it into a page number.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Patski107" wrote in message
Yes I used Ctrl+F9. do spaces matter? Should there be any?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field braces?

so
all may benefit.

"Patski107" wrote in message
So to supress page 121

{ IF { Page } = 121 "" "{ Page }" }

I tried this but it didn't work.
--
Pat

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You put this field code wherever you would otherwise put the page
number
(header or footer).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.