Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Cant delete text boxes

What happens when you try to delete the objects? Is there an error message?
If you cut them instead, does that make a difference?

It is very strange that everything looks OK on the other computer... But I
guess that tells us that this might be a display issue rather than something
more serious.

Are the two computers using different Word versions? Printer drivers?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RSunday" wrote in message
When I select the object the "text box" menu appears - so I believe it is
text box. They are not in the header/footer section.

I am using Word 2003.

I can drag the text box around - and it affects my table layout causing
pages to break. But I cant delete them...

I sent the document to another computer - here we could delete them - but
when the document was sent back to my computer - there were all there when
opened the document..

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

What you are describing could be frames instead of text boxes. Activate
the
header/footer area; then you should be able to select and delete the
frames.
See also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...lyIndented.htm.

If you are sure they are in fact text boxes, you should be able to use
the
Select Object command to select and then delete them: In Word 2007, click
the Home tab, and click Select | Select Objects. You should then be able
hold the left mouse button and drag to select the text boxes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RSunday" wrote in message
I copied a number of text blocks from another document into a table.

With these text blocks I have also copied some text boxes (showing page
numbers in the original document...). Now these text boxes appear in my
table
document.

I want to delete them - but somehow I cant.

Any suggestions (please be specific on what to do)?