Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Default Restart Page No Deletes Even Page Footer

Hi Chris

chris wrote:
Thanks for the explanation - indeed, I agree with the concept but it is
unfortunately not what the client requires. Are there any workarounds
(ie any way to, for instance, access the page field switches or would I
be looking at a VBA solution which says something like:for every new
section page no restarts) so that I can number the first left-hand page
(verso?) to restart as page 1?

Instead of showing a mere PAGE field, you can calculate something else
(i.e., add or subtract "1") and show this instead. But, i.e., a TOC will
still reflect what the PAGE field itself shows, nothing else.

You could tell your client to put the graphic on the left hand side and
start the chapter on the right side.

Another thought would be to forget about "Different odd/even" and place
your page numbers in the middle. You can even use IF fields around your
header/footer entries to distinguish whether you are on an odd or even
page and "act accordingly", so to speak. A lot more effort than starting
on the right side, but it could work ...

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS