Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joseph

Default How do I edit a bookmark?

Everything I've found, web-wise and Word Help, on Bookmarks doesn't really
apply to what I have here. This is how the field appears:
{ REF Version \* MERGEFORMAT}

When I press shift-F9 I get the version number (1.2). I'm wondering if this
is an actual bookmark, but I am clueless as to how to update the field. The
right-click menu has an Edit function, but the screen that comes up refers to
Bookmarks and does not present a field for updating this version number.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you see the same thing when you toggle the field code, then it is not a
field.

"joseph" wrote in message
When I hit shift-F9 all that appears is the version number. I can change

it
there, but that change is not carried through the document.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Joseph,

What to you see if you click on the 'version' field and press Shift-F9?

If
it's picking up a value from somewhere else, you should see some braces
(i.e. '{ }') with some text between them.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"joseph" wrote in message
news I have a document that uses bookmarks to insert the version of an
application. I cannot edit these bookmarks. I've tried right-clicking

the
bookmark and selecting the Edit option, but it doesn't contain the

number
that I need to change. I assume there is a master entry somewhere, but

cannot find it.

Can someone help me?