Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Remove curly apostophes from autocorrect?

Hi Pjs,

If you type doesnt rather than doesn't then Word does have a built in autocorrect entry (actually there are several similar ones)
to add the apostrophe in as 'formatted text' and it contains a 'smart quote' (single in this case) that it puts in no matter what
the setting is in the AutoFormat and Autoformat as you type if you have the Autocorrect option turned on to replace text as you
type.

If those two choices are turned off you can use Edit=Replace (ctrl+H) and type either a ' or a " in both the 'find what'
and 'replace with' boxes and 'replace all' and Word should replace all of the smart quote marks with 'regular' ones.

==================
"pjs" wrote in message ...
(Using Word 2003 on Windows XP)

I have the curly quotes option turned off. Yet autocorrect irritatingly adds
a curly apostrophe when I mistype a word. For example, if I type dosen't
(straight quote), Word autocorrects to doesn't (curly apostophe). That's the
case for every contraction in my autocorrect list.

Is there an automated way to convert these all back to straight apostrophes?

Thanks,

pjs
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)