Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Custom number of pages in Word 2003

If everything from page 1 on is a single section, you can substitute the
SectionPages field for NumPages.

"Marilyn" wrote in message
How do I customize the number of pages in the footer of my document? For
example, I have a 20 page document. I have title page, restriction page
and
table of contents. The body of the document starts on page 4. I want to
number these the main document as page 1 of 17, page 2 of 17, etc. I do
not
want to include the first three pages in the number of pages total.

I am using Word 2003.

Thanks for your help