Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
barrie barrie is offline

Default How many files can be open?

Thank you, Robert. It seems that, as you indicate, the number of open
documents in Word is limited by factors other than the software itself. On
the other hand, if one is using the Master Document/Subdocument process, then
the limit is 255 subdocuments.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Barrie wrote:
Can someone please tell me if there is a limit to the number of files that
can be open at once in Word 2007? Is it a function of Virtual memory size?
Is there a built-in limit in Word?

if I read the following article correct, there isn't:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211489/en-us

"Number of open windows Limited only by available memory"

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |