Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
barrie barrie is offline

Default How many files can be open?

I got an error message when I sent my first response so here goes again.
Thank you Robert for your response. As you indicate, it looks as the limit
is set b y factors external to the software itself. On the other hand if one
is using the Master Document/Subdocument option then the limit is 255
sub-documents.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Barrie wrote:
Can someone please tell me if there is a limit to the number of files that
can be open at once in Word 2007? Is it a function of Virtual memory size?
Is there a built-in limit in Word?

if I read the following article correct, there isn't:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211489/en-us

"Number of open windows Limited only by available memory"

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |