Charles Kenyon

There can be multiple .acl files if you have different languages active. You
can also end up with multiple normal.dot files. (You only want one per
user.) I would recommend getting the utility from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm and putting
your AC entries into an editable file. You can then run the utility to
reload your edited AC.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Matt Fitzmaurice" wrote in message
Hi all,

Can someone pls tell me where AutoCorrect entries are stored in Word 2003?

In "Microsoft Word 2003 for Law firms" it states that:
- The registry stores the location of the AutoCorrect file (.acl)
- Normal.dot stores the formatted AutoCorrect entries.
- The .acl file contains the unformatted AutoCorrect entries.

I've added an AutoCorrect entry in Word and the time stamp on Normal.dot
and the .acl file did not update. If the entry was not stored in one of
these locations. Where is it??

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Thanks,
Matt