TF

Under Tools, Options, Save Tab, do you have Prompt to Save to Normal.dot
checked? When you make a change such as the default font or the page
margins, do you get the prompt when you close Word? Under Tools, Options,
File Locations, is the User Template setting pointing at the folder with
your normal.dot?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Matt Fitzmaurice" wrote in message
: No, nothing is saved. The time stamp on Normal.dot remains unchanged.
:
: I do not have Acrobat 7. I do have Acrobat 5 though. Why do you ask?
:
: Thanks
:
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: Does anything get saved to normal.dot? Have you installed Acrobat Writer
: v7?
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "Matt Fitzmaurice" wrote in message
: ...
: : No. Word has closed down. I made sure of this by going into Task
Manager
: and
: : looking at the running Processes.
: :
: : The modified dates on Normal and the ACL's do not change.
: :
: : "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: : ...
: : Are you still using Word? That is, have you closed the Word session?
: : Additions like this normally aren't saved until you quit Word?
: :
: : --
: : Suzanne S. Barnhill
: : Microsoft MVP (Word)
: : Words into Type
: : Fairhope, Alabama USA
: : Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: : Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
: newsgroup
: : so
: : all may benefit.
: :
: : "Matt Fitzmaurice" wrote in message
: : ...
: : Hi all,
: :
: : Can someone pls tell me where AutoCorrect entries are stored in
Word
: : 2003?
: :
: : In "Microsoft Word 2003 for Law firms" it states that:
: : - The registry stores the location of the AutoCorrect file (.acl)
: : - Normal.dot stores the formatted AutoCorrect entries.
: : - The .acl file contains the unformatted AutoCorrect entries.
: :
: : I've added an AutoCorrect entry in Word and the time stamp on
: Normal.dot
: : and
: : the .acl file did not update. If the entry was not stored in one of
: these
: : locations. Where is it??
: :
: : Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.
: :
: : Thanks,
: : Matt
: :