Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default endnotes

Good point, but in Word terminology that would be an Odd Page section break. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message

The sort of publisher that wants chapter-endnotes is also likely to
want each chapter to begin on a recto (it makes printing offprints
easier, in case anyone still does that), so make it a "Next Page
Right" section break.

On Aug 9, 6:21 am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
You'll have to insert a Next Page section break between each chapter, and then
you'll have to set the placement option for endnotes to "End of section."

For the placement option, you can right-click an existing endnote and choose
Note Options from the context menu. In the "Location" section, choose "End of
section." Make sure "Apply changes to" says "Whole document" and then click
Apply.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in ...

I am trying to combine several chapters of a book, all with endnotes, using
"Insert, Object, Text File". When a new chapter is added to the original the
endnotes do not come across. I have tried everything. Can anyone help? I wish
the endnotes to stay with each chapter, not appear at the end of the entire
book. Thanks.