Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Problem saving Table Of Contents designs to the gallery in 07

Word should prompt you to update the TOC. If not, do it manually with F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Victor" wrote in message
HELP! we are trying to show people how to create a TOC and save that TOC
design to the gallery in WOrd 07. The tool works some of the time. but
lately, there has been a problem.

We create the TOC
Select the TOC by clicking and dragging over the body of the TOC
Click on Table of contents on the references tab
Click on Save Selection to the Table of contents gallery

A lot of the time it saves the content as well as the design. The end
result is that if you attempt to use the design in another document it
pastes
in the entire TOC of another document.

Why is this happening? How do we get Word07 to perform consistently?
Please help!!!