VaniNarayana

Default How can I change a fraction in Word to a vertical format?

Thank you so much, Suzanne and garfield-n-odie. Will try it and let you know
how it went.

Best regards,
Vani

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What garfield-n-odie meant to write was an { EQ \f (n,4) } field. For more,
see Word's Help under "Field codes: Eq (Equation) field," specifically the
\f (fraction) switch.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
You could use an { EQ \o(n,4)} field.

VaniNarayana wrote:

Dear friends,

I am typing up a chapter in Mathematics and would like to present

fractions
in a vertical format. That is, I don't want to write "n/4", but want to

write
"n", a line under it, and then 4 under the line. (Version: Word 2000)

Could you please let me know if and how this can be done? Really

appreciate
it.

Best regards,
Vani Aswathanarayana