Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Trouble using tables in a Word Form

You can't stop the amount the users will type, but you can fix the height
and width of the table cell so that it doesn't expand.

amandap83 wrote:
I am trying to create a form in Word (2003) using tables. The problem
I am having is that I have created a two celled table (two rows, one
column) and the first row has the question then the second, empy cell
is for writing the answer. The answers should be about paragraph
length. The problem is that after one whole line is filled and the
text moves to the second line, the cell/table expands and gets
longer. I want the table to be frozen so that they are only filling
in the space provided and that space doesn't change shape. How do I
stop the table from changing shape? Or do I have to use something
other than a table? Limiting the length of how much they can type in
the field doesn't help.