Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Auto Text Insert Feature

Select the text and press ALT+F3 to store the entry, just as in earlier
versions.
Type the first few unique characters of the autotext name and press F3 to
insert it in the document.

A little Frustrated wrote:
"abonilla4" wrote:

Can someone please advise me how to work the auto insert text
feature in Word 2007? I don't understand how to enable it to work
at all.

It's basically much more complicated than the autotext replace was in
2003. You have to highlight the info you want to be inserted each
time, and go to QUICK PARTS, and add it there. I know someone else
will come back and give you better directions. Because the rules
don't seem to apply for everything, I'm having trouble myself,
learning what works and what doesn't. GOOD LUCK!