Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
OrderedChaos OrderedChaos is offline

Default Page Numbering restarts when inserting a Page break next page

Thanks Peter, I relaise that but would prefer that it didn't 'default' to
restarting the page number after you insert a section break. Just seems an
odd thing to occur just because you insert a section break. i.e. most
reports, letters etc have continuous numbering from 1 to 100 not 1, 1, 1.

I have setup a macro to do all the fiddly tasks but was wondering if there
is a way to change the 'default' restarting at 1 and have it as continuos.

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

When you switch from Portrait to Landscape and back, you're not merely
inserting Page Breaks, you're inserting Section Breaks New Page.

Place your cursor in the Header of the landscape page, and in the
Toolbar (2003) or Ribbon Tab (2007) that appears, find the Format Page
Number button, and in that dialog, set the page number to Continue
from Previous.

On Aug 4, 10:59 pm, OrderedChaos
wrote:
Why does the page numbering restart to 1 when inserting a page break next
page. This is very annoying is you insert a landscape page into a report only
to find that the landscape page and following portrait pages have reset to
Page 1. Is there anyway to default this to continuous?

Thanks