Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Adams Tom Adams is offline

Default Are .doc files used for electronic delivery?

On Oct 15, 10:02*am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
What *exactly* is it that you are trying to achieve?

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Tom Adams" wrote in message

I get the impression that .doc files can't be used for electronic
delivery because some of the features (custom autotext, styles) are
not in the .doc file.

Is that true?- Hide quoted text -

I work for one organization. We deliver documents to another
organization. I think we are in the practice of delivering .doc files
as electronic delivery. (Not sure, the person who knows is out
today.)

I was working on a document today and realized that my custom autotext
fields were not stored in the .doc file. They are stored somewhere in
my environment. I am pretty sure that if this .doc file is delivered
to my client, then various things will start showing up as "Error!
Autotext entry not found" or something like that. If the client tried
to print the document, it looks like the autotext are automatically
updated, but without the right environment that updating will fail.

Also, some googling seemed to imply that certain style elements may
also not be in the .doc file, so that the format will change if the
client opens the file in a different environment.

I am trying to figure out if all this is true.