Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default How do I put header and not page number on first page?

Use the following field construction in the Header

{ IF { PAGE } 1 { PAGE } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters { } and Alt+F9 to toggle
off their display.

If you wanted the number to start from 1 on the second page, use

{ IF { PAGE } 1 { = { PAGE } - 1 } }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"K McDonald" K wrote in message
I need to set up a document (no section breaks) with the header the same on
every page and start numbering on the second page. When I uncheck "number
first page" in the footer, it also deletes the header from the first page.
I've tried inserting the footer/page number and then the header, but
nothing
works. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Kathleen