You may have entirely different software from mine (I have the HP ScanJet
4570c), but if you have the HP Director, you need to choose Scan Document
(not Scan Picture), select Editable Text, and send it to WordPad. This gives
you editable text you can copy/paste into Word. If you choose "Save to File"
as your Destination, the software creates a PDF, which I thought might work,
but I found that when I save from Acrobat to a "Word document," I get an
image file. There's probably some other secret to this, but for what I was
doing the best solution for me was to scan to WordPad and copy/paste to
Word. I found that the software did a surprisingly good job of OCR, though.

"JOI" wrote in message
I scan a document with HP all in one I cannot get it to let me change text

in
the scan program or in word. I know this must be possible but I don't know
know how.