Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Changing font size without changing line spacing.

Either that's a weird change later than Word2007, or you have some other choice
selected that's overriding the Exactly command. Go into WordOptions, scroll to
the very bottom, and check the box on the very last line. This opens up an immense, alphabetized list of additional items, through which you can search --
there's one called "don't add extra line spacing" in various circumstances, but
that extra spacing usually appears only for the specific line the larger or
raised character is in.

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:17:08 AM UTC-5, Stuart Land wrote:
Hi. I have the same problem, but I don't want to use a drop cap. I just want to use a larger first letter font on the same line without the line below increasing. I start some paragraphs flush left with a larger first letter. This make the next line increase, so throws the whole paragraph off. How can I get it to not do that?

Using EXACTLY just decreases the font size to fit the line spacing, or increases all the lines in the paragraph to fit the larger font.

Thanks for any help.