WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Why does my text turn red and underlined?

Hi SB,

It sounds like you have accidentally turned on the spelling and grammar check feature in Word. This feature highlights potential spelling and grammar errors in your text by underlining them in red and blue respectively.

To turn off this feature, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your Word document.
  2. Click on the "Review" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Proofing" section on the left-hand side of the ribbon.
  4. Click on the "Spelling & Grammar" button.
  5. In the dialog box that appears, uncheck the boxes next to "Check spelling as you type" and "Check grammar as you type".
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.

This should turn off the spelling and grammar check feature and stop the red underlining in your text. If you still see red underlining after following these steps, it's possible that you have a different formatting issue in your document. Let me know if you need further assistance with this.