Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lx Lx is offline

Default ISO690-Numerical: Citations in captions and text

I've been using the numerical citation style however my numbers are not
appearing consecutively, even after reselecting the style.
The problem is when I cite a source in an image caption without using it
main text. The number ordering follows through the main text, then starts the
document again numbering through the captions following on from the last
number used in the main text.
Is it possible for Word to recognise citations without missing out the
citations initially?