Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default widow orphan control

It isn't possible to change it for "only one page" -- Word doesn't
know what a "page" is.

If you fixed it in your normal.dotm (or normal.dotx) template, it will
be fixed in every new document you create.

On Jun 17, 10:05*pm, Navigate to template. Where is template
rosoft.com wrote:
"grammatim" wrote:
In the Office button, click Open, then Templates (in the list at the
left).

What? You're not in Word2007? You need to say what version you have!

On Jun 17, 1:03 pm, Navigate to template. *Where is template Navigate
to template. *Where is wrote:
"Shauna Kelly" wrote:
Hi George

Use File Open. Navigate to the template. Then, with the template open do
Format Paragraph. On the Line and Page Breaks tab, un-tick the
Widow/Orphan control. Then File Save to save the template.

More information is at
How to change the default settings for Word documents
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...alTemplate.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. *Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"George mac" George wrote in message
Hi I'm a writer and would like to turn off the widow orphan control as a
default in the template. It drives me nuts! 8)-

yes, I'm in word 2007. *I do office button, and open, and then trusted templates, then I open that and change the widow/orphan, but it only changes it for that one page. *I want to kill widow/orphan forever. *Many thanks for any help you can give me.-