Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default keep text together

I recommend looking at http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

"New2Word" wrote in message
Thank you both for your help. For the most part, finding the answer has

been
fairly easy with the "What's this" option. It's not the Reveal Codes I
learned to love and lean on in WP but it's a start!

Now that I've found this message board, I think my job will get a whole

lot
easier!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar = nonbreaking space
Ctrl+Shift+Hyphen = nonbreaking hyphen

Ctrl+Hyphen = conditional hyphen
Ctrl+Spacebar = reset character formatting to the default

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"New2Word" wrote in message
news
I am trying to convert to Word after decades of using WP. In WP, I

use
the
"control space bar" key stroke to keep words, dates, etc. together.

In
other
words, when the text is justified, in order to keep all characters

together
in a date, citing, etc., I will use the Ctrl SpaceBar or Ctrl Hyphen

keep
the entire date, citing, etc. together on the same line. Example:

November
[ctrl space],[ctrl space]15,[ctrl space]2005 = November 15, 2005.

I am now working in Word 2002 and can not find this function or

something
similar. There is the "fix broken text" option but it changes the

font to
make the characters fit on one line.

Need your help! Thanks!